It’s no secret that establishment Republicans despise Donald Trump because he threatens their power in Washington.
While RINO’s who oppose Trump claim their disdain for the party’s nominee is based on policy, they truly fear that a Trump administration will completely shake-up the status quo.
During a rally in Green Bay, Wisconsin on Monday, Trump proposed a detailed package of ethics reforms designed to “drain the swamp in Washington, D.C.”
During his speech, Trump outlined five ethics reform proposals that he would issue upon taking office:
- 5 year ban on all Executive Branch officials lobbying the government after they leave government service
- 5 year ban on lobbying by former members of Congress and their staff
- Expand definition of lobbyists to close all loopholes that former government officials use
- Issue a lifetime ban against senior executive branch officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government
- Ask Congress to pass campaign finance reform that prevents registered foreign lobbyists from raising money in American elections
The establishment is likely going to oppose any of these reforms as they directly target Republican officeholders who have been doing the bidding of corporate interests instead of the American people.
These common sense proposals by Mr. Trump make perfect sense and most Americans are likely to embrace these needed reforms to weed out the corruption in Washington, D.C.
Do you support Trump’s proposals to clean up Washington? Let us know in the comments section below!