Hillary Clinton might be pretending she’s out of the woods when it comes to the Benghazi disaster, but the widow of one of the Americans who died in the attack has another idea entirely.
In an interview with CNN’s Erin Burnett, Dr. Dorothy Woods, whose husband, Tyrone, was killed in the Sept. 11, 2012, assault on a U.S. diplomatic compound in Benghazi, Libya, lashed out at Hillary and anyone else who thinks the country has moved beyond the deaths four years ago.
During the interview, Burnett played a clip of the former secretary of state summarizing her response to the release of the House Select Committee on Benghazi’s report on the numerous failings that took place before, during and after the attack.
“I’ll leave it to others to characterize this report but I think it’s pretty clear it’s time to move on,” Clinton said during a campaign rally last week in Denver.
Not so fast, Dorothy Woods, told Burnett.
“Nobody in government can tell me how I feel, what I should feel about it,” Woods said. “She has no right — nor does anyone in government have the right — to tell me it’s time to move on. They’re not in my shoes.”
Woods also discounted arguments by Democrats and their media supporters that the report contained no “new information.”
She said the House committee’s investigation had shown just how badly the Obama White House – including then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton – had failed the four Americans who died in the Benghazi attack. And it has failed the families ever since.
“It did not change my view of what happened, nor who to blame,” Woods said. “I place the blame on this sentiment, on this attitude in the upper level of government that says, ‘Hey, you know what? I’m just gonna lie about this, gloss over it, because I want to protect what I look like, and I’m thinking about the next job.’”
n the case of Hillary Clinton, that “next job” is the presidency of the United States. Unless the American people stop her.